Esta pagina está hecho para informar a los/las estudiantes y sus familias informados sobre la acción de El Colegio y los recursos durante la pandemia del COVID-19.
2020-2021 Año Escolar
El gobernador Walz ha pedido a todas las escuelas de Minnesota que presenten tres planes sobre cómo será el regreso a clases en el otoño. Los tres planes son: aprendizaje a distancia, instrucción en persona y un modelo híbrido (una combinación de aprendizaje a distancia e instrucción en persona). Puede encontrar más información sobre estos tres planes y cómo se verán en el sitio web del Departamento de Educación aquí.
Aprendizaje a Distancia con Supports
Based on these state guidelines and our local health data, El Colegio will start our academic program in “distance learning with support” when school begins Tuesday, September 8th, 2020.
El Colegio will operate with a “Distance Learning with Supports” model this fall. In this model, the student direct instruction will occur remotely. Once a week during the afternoon, specific cohorts students may come onsite for support and wrap-around services as necessary. We will continue to evaluate, decide, and communicate whether students will need to remain in distance learning with support, or shift to hybrid learning. Any changes to our learning scenario will be communicated to families at least two weeks in advance.
Given the unpredictability of the COVID-19 pandemic, students, families, and staff deserve to start the year with as much consistency and stability as possible. The first few weeks of the school year are critical. El Colegio High School’s priorities and values for entering Fall Semester:
- Health and safety for the entire El Colegio community
- Students, staff, families, and community partners
- Consistency and establishing routines
- Equitable access for all students
- Constant communication and dialogue between all parties
- Flexibility and adaptability
- El Colegio’s E3 21st Century Skills:
- Teamwork, Adaptability, Cross-Cultural Communication, Innovation, Critical Analysis
Activities for Onsite Cohort Days include:
- We will still provide grab-and-go lunches for all students on site
- Technology troubleshooting and support
- Additional academic support
- Check in with school therapist, Plus Coordinator, and/or other support staff
- IEP services
What this will look like:
- Only one grade per school day will have access to the building
- A maximum of 10 students per day
- We conduct temperature checks before each person enters the space
- We will have face masks available for those who may forget to bring one
El Colegio will share our plan and stay connected with families through:
Student Schedule in Distance Learning
This schedule is meant to help students establish a routine during distance learning. Teachers will follow this schedule too, and interact with students in class via Google Classroom, Google Hangout/Meet, video, and email.
This is an opportunity for students to practice using technology tools for learning. It is also very important that students, staff, and the whole community maintain a safe, appropriate, and respectful online presence.
We realize that some students may need learning materials in alternative formats, or may need to work with the school to create an alternative schedule.
Expectativas del Maestrx
- Will post daily check in questions by 8:45am for Advisory
- Will take attendance and turn in by 10:35 M-TH and 12:30 on Fridays in the format specified
- Will turn on cameras during Google Meets for classes and office hours.
- Will arrive 5 minutes early for Google Meet’s
- Be available to students and colleagues throughout the normal work day (8:30am-4:15pm)
- Check email, calendar and attend meetings
- Post assignments on Google Classroom
- Send printed materials home in advance (one week prior to content lesson).
- Will closely monitor student progress and follow-up with students not completing work by the stipulated deadlines
- Communicate student performance via Google Classroom on a regular basis Students will need to know of a change in their performance at least once per week.
- Communicate with other EC staff to coordinate and provide additional support and resources for learning
Expectativas del Estudiante
- Will reach out to teachers and staff regarding additional resource needs. Remember, your teachers are here to support your learning!
- Will attend required Google Meets Monday-Friday.
- Practice online professionalism:
- sign in on time,
- turn on camera (and be appropriately dressed);
- participate in discussions and activities,
- avoid other distractions, and
- use appropriate verbal and written language.
- Avoid scheduling appointments and work schedules during school hours.
- If you are unable to attend a Google Meet, please let your teacher and front office know at least one day prior to the missed class(es).
- Communicate daily with teachers for assistance with lessons through Google Classroom or gmail if you have questions.
- Are responsible for completing assignments and assessments by the specified deadline.
- Students should not let pending work accumulate until the end of the quarter/semester.
- Take care of the chromebook and other materials you are using that belong to the school
- Use chromebook or laptop to attend Google Meets instead of a phone (call EC main line 612-728-5728 if you do not have access to a chromebook or laptop)