This page is where students and families can learn about El Colegio’s Distance Learning Plan. We will also post any updates through:
You can also call our main phone line and leave a voicemail, at 612-728-5728. Please be sure to leave your name and a number where we can return your call. Messages are checked every morning.
Most El Colegio staff are working remotely. Staff are calling families every day to check in and assist with any needs or connect them to resources. You may receive a phone call from an unknown or private number. Please answer as this is most likely one of our staff.
Distance Learning officially begins Monday, April 6. This means our building will be closed at least until Monday, May 4. Here are some important dates:
- Thursday, April 9: End of Quarter 3
- Friday, April 10: Record Keeping Day (no school)
- Monday, April 13: Quarter 4 Begins
- Tuesday, May 5: Building opens and students return to school (this may change)
Students will need to log into Google Classroom every day by 12pm noon and check in with their Advisory. Students are responsible for completing weekly assignments, communicating with all of their teachers every week, and reaching out if they have any questions about their classes.
This link contains detailed guidelines and expectations for Distance Learning, as well as steps for accessing Google Meet.
Students are responsible for taking care of their Chromebooks, mobile hotspots, and/or any other materials that they are borrowing from El Colegio.
- Check in with your student and ask if they have logged into Google Classroom that day
- Help your student take care of their Chromebook or other devices
- Reach out to the school if you have any questions: 612-728-5728
Advisors will be taking attendance daily via Google Classroom. All teachers will be available during the regular school day to answer any questions.
We encourage students to create a daily schedule and stick to a routine as much as possible. This will make it much easier to complete assignments and transition back to the school building after Distance Learning ends.